The EcoSec project under CD Department is being implemented since October 2014 in partnership with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The people of Chottogram Hill Tracts (CHT) are highly vulnerable to food security due to their limited access and unavailability of food. ICRC Dhaka delegation identified the humanitarian needs of the affected population where EcoSec interventions either directly or indirectly can contribute to minimize the human suffering in the context of Chottogram Hill Tracts and EcoSec Project was introduced in CHT with the partnership of BDRCS in the year of 2014 for that purpose.
A. Livelihood outcome at household (HH) level:
- Food consumption
- Food production
- Income support
- Basic living conditions and
B. Policy, institution and processes (PIPs) level:
- Local capacity in terms of access to institutions and services.
- Project is being implemented in 03 districts (Bandarban, Khagrachari and Rangamati) with the households of number 3179 (Bandarban-1357, Khagrachari-1162, Rangamati-660) up to August 2018.
- Training on livestock has been provided.
- Homestead gardening and agriculture training has been provided.
- 99% of total beneficiaries have ensured three-time meals/day utilizing cash grants of BDT 30,000 in cultivation.
- They became free by repaying loans from their earning and their children are becoming able to receive education from schools.
- Their earning has reduced their wants and crises mostly.