Cox’s Bazar Health Care Project
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS)
Financed & supported by International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) with the financial and technical support of International Committee of The Red Cross (ICRC) started implementation of Cox’s Bazar Health Care Project at Ukhiya Health Complex & Teknaf Health Complex in the year 2014.
Under this project, staff (Medical doctor, Nurse, Waste Management Supervisor, Technician, Cleaner & security guard) are engaged to support the Health Complex authority in various sectors.
Objective of the project was to improve the health care services provided by Ukhyia and Teknaf Upazilla Health complexes to the Bangladeshi citizens as well as to the Forcibly Displaced Myanmar Nations (FDMN) in this Ukhyia and Teknaf Upazilla.
Main focus of work at Health Complexes:
- Renovation of hospital infrastructure & Support in emergency Department.
- Medical Waste management.
- Provision of water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Improving the electricity supply system.
- Ensuring adequate human resources.
Some activities at Health Complexes:
- Our doctor & Nurses are performing their duties according to the roster duty of hospital authority including COVID-19 Isolation ward at both Health Complexes.
- Monthly two day long cleaning campaign are conducted on regular interval by engaging extra workers for each of the campaign day. Additional BDRCS RCY volunteers are also engaged during cleaning campaign to improve awareness on health & hygiene education & practice during COVID-19 situation, waste management etc.
- Cleaners under supervision of Waste Management Supervisor are working for maintaining regular hygiene and medical waste management of the both Health Complexes. General waste management system of Teknaf Health Complex is also maintained by us.
- Pure drinking water supply is ensured for the patient by operating Water Treatment Plant at Teknaf Health Complex.
- Supporting in regular maintenance of electrical & plumbing sector of the Health Complexes by technician.
- Necessary printing documents (e.g. Discharge paper, Emergency dept. tickets, Admission paper, Patient register book, X-Ray film Caring Envelope etc.) are being supplied according to demand from Health Complex authority.
- Necessary cleaning materials, electric & plumbing materials are being ensured to be supplied according to the demand from Health Complex authority.
Security guards are engaged in both Health Complexes to maintain & support Health Complex security system.